Nicolas Magrez focuses his practice on Intellectual Property, IT and Data Protection laws.
After working four years as a lawyer specialized in Copyright law, Nicolas moved to Hong Kong in 2012 where he worked as General Counsel of the International Group of Companies Maroma Ltd (Pacsafe, Dropsafe). As General Counsel, Nicolas has gained broad experience in implementing and enforcing IP portfolio strategies (trademark, patent) and in negotiating commercial agreements on a global scale. Back in Belgium a few years later, Nicolas has developed strong relationships with US, Hong Kong and Belgian clients whether working directly with the dedicated legal team or with his clients’ CEO.
Nicolas Magrez mainly focuses on the following fields of expertise:
- IP Portfolio Management and Global Strategy – hundreds of trademarks in 30+ countries
- Drafting and Negotiation of IT/IP/Data Protection Agreements (Terms and Conditions, NDA, License agreements, SaaS, Retailer, Distributor and Service Agreements)
- Trademark opposition, Responses to Trademark Office Actions, IP enforcement, cease-and-desist letters, settlement agreement negotiation
- GDPR audit, drafting of DPA and privacy policies
- Certified DPO by the Belgian Data Protection Institute (DPI 2020)
- Analysis and advice in IP (Copyright, Trademark and Patent) and IT laws