Bernard Dautricourt is an experienced and well-rounded lawyer focusing on estate planning and family law as well as on real estate and contract law
After first working as an associate at van Cutsem Wittamer Piret et Associés (1982–1988), Bernard Dautricourt rejoined the firm as a partner in 2002.
He served as Managing Partner from 2004 to 2007.
Bernard’s practice initially developed to encompass such varied fields as:
- General commercial law
- Belgian and foreign family law
- Rights in rem
- Contract law
- Social and tax law
- Insurance and liability law
From this general practice, he has maintained an eclectic perspective which enables him to bring a multidisciplinary approach to bear on the matters he handles.
For many years now, his practice has operated on three main axes:
- Family property law (matrimonial regimes, succession, estate planning)
- Real estate law (property rights in rem, usufruct, co-ownership, neighbourhood relations, work contracts)
- Contract law (specifically rental law in the context of common law leases, residential leases and commercial leases).